Based on our extensive test process improvement experience and industry best practice, our Testing Health Check conducts audits and assessments to provide rapid, actionable, independent recommendations for increasing the quality of testing within your organisation.
Process and Engagement
The Health Check is a strategic review of QA processes and involves a deep dive investigation into the testing process, tools, metrics and team, as well as the testing done by the development team. It is typically five days but can take up to ten for large or complex projects.
The engagement involves a kick-off meeting to define the scope and assets for investigation. A Principal Consultant conducts on-site interviews with key staff, and reviews of documentation, metrics and processes at your organisation, including:
- QA methods and processes
- Documentation, templates and standards
- Defect tracking, metrics and test repositories
- Testing tools: management, automation and performance
- Test team structure and skills
- All relevant test phases
- Test and release frequency
- Scope of testing
- Development process, eg, Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid or V-model
- Historical defects not found and root causes
- Test Process Improvement (TPI) maturity level
On completion, we present a report of findings, which include prioritised recommendations on areas for improvement with suggested fixes. Industry standard benchmarks are also used to provide a formal measure of maturity of the test process.
Can My Business Benefit?
The impact of failed projects can be damaging and lasting.
Organisations recognise the growing importance of rigorous testing and its effects on application quality, yet this activity must remain within budgets that are notoriously thin. Our Health Check is beneficial if you find that:
- Your testing efforts require long-term financial savings
- Current testing is not making enough impact on quality
- Testing scope needs to be increased under restricted costs
- You need to quickly deliver ideas for improvement
We have successfully assisted many organisations with improving their testing capability to maximise the benefits from it.